Road To The White House - 2012

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

With the Iowa Caucuses over and all focus on New Hampshire, the first primary of this pivotal Presidential race, the party’s two front runners, Mitt Romney and Rick Santorum, moved their machines into full gear and into the Granite State.

After an eight vote squeaker victory for Mitt Romney over the Rick Santorum, that left both men receiving 24% of the votes in the hotly contested and clearly divided race for the 2012 Republican nomination, the win ushered in the official whittling process as the GOP contenders are minus two former contenders.

The surprise of the week would be Ron Paul, who stayed above water with a 3rd place victory and 21% of the vote. The final numbers put Senator Newt Gingrich, in fourth place with 13% of the vote and Texas Governor Rick Perry, in fifth place with 10%. Tea Party candidate, Michele Bachmann ended her presidential campaign after a dismal sixth place finish and 5% of vote.

With no real winner emerging from the swollen pack of Presidential hopefuls the voters in the Iowa Caucuses echoed the disgruntled voice of the nation. The Republican National Convention, taking place in August in Tampa Bay, will solidify the party focus as they challenge President Obama in the November election for President of the United States.

Haute Tease

• Meet The Bed Experts: Luxor Linens Brings the Highest Quality Home Textiles to You with Just the Click of a Mouse

"Each night, when I go to sleep, I die. And the next morning, when I wake up, I am reborn." – Gandhi.  Like Gandhi, we like to think of our bed as a sanctuary, the most relaxing place to start and end the day, an oasis far away from all of our problems.

• Janays Herbal Products Review - Taking Hollywood by Storm

Janay's Herbal Products, a rising name in the herbal products industry, contains only herbs, vitamins, minerals, and nutrients, and has is credited with considerable research and development in the organic world. 

• McQueen Review - A Four Star Fashionista Experience

McQueen, from Bleecker Street, presents the rags to riches story of iconic Fashion Designer Alexander "Lee" McQueen, whose unbelievable journey could never have been imagined bringing him from his working class East London home to the House of Givenchy.

• LONDON Terror Attack: Four Killed; 40 Injured in Lone Wolf Islamic Attack; Eight Arrests in Birmingham and London

A lone wolf terrorist known to MI5 was shot and killed during an early afternoon Wednesday terror attack that began on London's Westminster Bridge and ended with police engaging the suspect as he entered the House of Parliament grounds.

• Money News: US Markets Tease Investors; World Markets Split; S&P500 Nears New Record

The four U.S. Markets, Dow Jones Industrial Average, NASDAQ, S&P 500 and Russell 2000, fluctuated throughout the week, teasing with break even and possible gains scenarios and finally left investors slightly disappointed as all four markets closed the week just lower, at less than a 1% loss.

• HL Arts: Helen Ibrahim, Installation Artist, and the Spiritual Journey Inspiring Her Work

Inspired by her time spent with the Aboriginal and Hopi tribes, Helen Andronis Ibrahim uses aspects of the earth, like bark, branches and twigs, in her work in a lyrical manner, representing the planet and the souls of its people.

• Blue Man Group Review - Fresh, Fun, Loud and Messy

I had seen the famed Blue Man Group Las Vegas show before albeit more than a decade ago. Even so, I recently proceeded to secure tickets to see what has since become a Vegas entertainment staple. I wondered how, or if, this show had evolved so it would seem fresh and new the second time around.

• Paris Arts: Révélations, The International Fine Craft and Creation Biennial, Upcoming At The Grand Palais

Created by Ateliers d’Art de France, Révélations is a global gathering for all stakeholders in the fine craft sector. Over four days, more than 400 fine craft professionals will welcome some 40,000 visitors – general public and professionals alike.

• Photography Accessories Review – Cool Ways To Capture it All

Digital photography has revolutionized the way we take, share and store photos. Whether you're a pro looking for a better way to showcase your portfolio or simply striving for the perfect selfie, these four photography tools will bring your shots to life in entirely new and exciting ways.

• HL Tech: A Guide Through The VR Craze And The 25 Headsets On The Market Now

Smartphone dependence is a major variable separating different classes of virtual reality headsets. Some fun, functional VR units can be purchased for under $50, but require outside hardware for processing and audio. Other units cost more, but are completely — or mostly — self-contained.  

• “Grace of Monaco” by Olivier Dahan to open the 67th Festival de Cannes

French director Olivier Dahan’s "Grace of Monaco"  is to open the next Festival de Cannes. The world preview will take place on Wednesday 14 May, 2014, in the Grand Théâtre Lumière of the Palais des Festivals, in the Official Selection category, Out of Competition.

• Business News: Bumblebee and Blockchain Offers Consumers Traceability Service

SAP SE and Bumble Bee Foods, North America's largest shelf-stable seafood company, announced Bumble Bee Foods is using the SAP® Cloud Platform Blockchain service to trace the journey of yellowfin tuna from the Indonesian ocean to the dinner table.

• Valentine’s Day Gift Giving - Love Is In The Air with a Jetsmarter and Delano South Beach Getaway Package

Two luxurious brands, Delano South Beach and JetSmarter, have hooked up this Valentine's Day for an unforgettable exquisite romantic "For the Love of Luxury" Getaway guaranteed to pamper and please with privacy, concierge service, in-room check-in, champagne and more.

• Op/Ed: "The Look" - A Personal Account of The New Normal in Parkland

And there it is. The look.  The look I knew I would see.  And I will get it again and again, and again, from this moment forward.  I just didn't expect it to happen so quickly. 

• The Harringtons Announce Tour Dates; New Release “Change is Gonna Come”

After Monday's atrocities in our hometown we decided it was only right to take the day off and pay our respects to all the victims who lost their lives attending a concert and doing nothing more than showing their love of music.